Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lemonade Weekend!

Day 7-9 we had this mix of maple syrup and fresh squeezed lemons, that we could alternate with maple syrup and 100% cranberry juice.  It was 3/4 cup juice, 1/4 cup syrup and then fill the bottle with water- probably something like 36oz.
That sweetness was heavenly.
The first few days really weren't that bad. I'll admit that it was kind of nice not eating some version of veggie egg scramble for breakfast and a salad for lunch.
Gross TMI alert: Dude, how many days can stuff keep coming out of your body when you're not eating? My answer: three.  OMG ew.
I was definitely surprised to learn how my body works, though.
I couldn't hack day 3.  Okay, maybe I could, but I caved to peer pressure when someone else started eating the night before and then convinced me I needed a salad when I got hungry at 2pm on day 3.
So that was as far as I went.  I definitely think it was a good thing for me.  Some of the meds I take for my migraines wreak total havoc on my digestive system and I'm sure they had something to do with everything getting so out of whack.
At least we're over that hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment