Monday, February 13, 2012

Food Week 2

The first week was all new and shiny and filled with cheerleaders: "You can do this!!!" but now I'm tired of boring food. And salad. And no dessert.  :(
I know I've been doing great- I'm feeling better, I'm not craving constant sugar, and the physical side effects have gone away.
Week two was getting into the routine of eggs and some other carb-ish substitute, salad for lunch and a concoction for dinner: turkey chili, stuffed bell peppers, vegetable soup.  My husband is awesome because he makes the great meals that I come home to. Unfortunately for him, he's having a harder time than I am.  Apparently his pre-workout supps had sugar. As well as the Stevia substitute we were using. Whoops.  So it has really drawn this out for him, and made it much more challenging than it should have been.
So I'm tired of healthy foods, but we're really working for variation. For some who already eat broadly, that may not be so challenging.  But for this meat and potatoes girl, it's pretty lame.
Week 2 was easier physically, but harder mentally. Sticking with it when it isn't new isn't as much fun, but I know there's a lot more variation to be had.  We'll see what I can come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment