Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Goodbye, Caffeine

Knowing what's coming, I'm trying to make it a little easier on myself by cutting out caffeine in advance of everything else that's leaving the daily diet.
I drink a cup of black coffee every morning before getting ready for work. Except Starbucks Fridays, as mentioned previously. If I have an afternoon carb crash, I usually just have some tea.  And sometimes (okay, usually) there's caffeine at lunch.
Last semester when I overworked/ schooled, there was a lot more caffeine involved.
So this past weekend, I had 1/4 cup black coffee Sat and Sun. Monday I had a Starbucks decaf bc I had a free grande that was going to expire in two weeks.  I had an ugly carb crash yesterday afternoon that lead to a lingering headache that was still there this morning (Tues). So I had a couple sips of K's decaf and was out the door feeling better.
We'll see how tomorrow goes without coffee again, as I'm feeling much better this afternoon.
t-minus a day and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment